Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Night Poetry Reading

Friday Night Poetry Reading

The first reader brought her children.
Thanked us for participating in her experiment.

My daughters absorbed poetry as they matured
and grew up to be much better poets than I ever hoped to be.
I applauded the "experiment". And was happy to see kids there.

She proceded to read, including poems about her children.
I'm not sure I understood what was going on. I think maybe the
kids were doing their homework in the car on the way home. 

After the reading I went over to the kids and thanked them
for their wonderful behaviour. The youngest one asked me,
"Are you an adult?" "No, no way, I would never claim that"

"Good, because I don't think adults are supposed to talk to kids".
I asked him if his mom talked like she talked in her poems a lot.
"No. . .most of the times I understand her...and sometimes I wander."

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment